Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Steel Legion Diorama

This is probably the biggest diorama I have done to date. It was a practice run for me to do some smaller vignettes with some Forgeworld Death Korps of Krieg models. The forgeworld stuff is so costly that I wanted to do some trial runs with some more inexpensive figures. The diorama takes place in the 40k universe and represents the Steel Legion overrunning a trench line. I wanted to try and replicate a WWI type of situation with the groundwork. In all honesty it didn't come out very well and I was not happy with it. The craters just look wrong. The figures are fine and the tank came out nicely, the walker is so-so. The diorama was finished out with a black border which hid the rough work on the sides. As a first attempt on this scale it was not bad but it could have been a lot better. Still it was a good learning experience. The display has since been taken apart and the figures individually based. I still might return a diorama of this size and scale in the future but for right now I think that the smaller vignettes are the way to go.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here: