Sunday, April 21, 2013

ReaperCon 2013

Got in from ReaperCon 2013 last night and I had a great time there. I got to see some old friends from the Lone Star Figure Show and met some really great painters and artists there. If you have never been to a ReaperCon and can make then you definitely should. It is easily worth the effort. The best thing is you get a chance to meet with the Reaper factory painters, hang out, and ask them questions in a relaxed atmosphere. I tried to visit with everyone I could and pick up some tips and tricks to try out in my own painting. A really friendly bunch of people and I plan to be back next year.

As far as my entries in the painting competition went I did really well this year. I took home a gold for my Teddy Roosevelt in 54mm. Nothing else placed and that is fine. I still got a chance to compete with some really talented artists and the skill level there was very high. I would say the talent there was equal to the talent of the Lone Star Figure show but of a different style and certainly subject matter. Though both events have a mix of fantasy and historical, the Lone Star Show has more historical entries, while the ReaperCon has more fantasy.

Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me but I snagged some shots off of the Reaper page to show you the pictures of my stuff that they took there. Most of these figures are shown in previous posts so you can get different views and light settings of the figures. I have some links to the main site at Reaper at the bottom of the post so you can see some of the other artists who did some amazing work.

First up is the Andrea Miniatures 54m Teddy Roosevelt which took a gold in the painters division.


Next is the Soldiers 1/16th Sister of Battle.

This is the Reaper Miniatures The Grudge, (not sure on the scale).

This is the 54mm Nemrod Miniatures Joan of Arc.

A 54mm Reaper Miniatures Belladonna, Salvager.

This is a 54 mm Reaper Miniatures Dana Murphy.

Lastly Draconia Miniatures Droohan-Taff.

The main Reaper site for the contest can be found here:

http://www.reapermini.com/ReaperCon2013PaintingContest









1 comment:

  1. Excellent work on the ReaperCon stuff! I have a long way to go yet!!
    Your work speaks for itself

    Mick & Kyle

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: