Saturday, October 18, 2014

Warlord Games Rorke's Drift Box Set

Here are some pictures of my progress on the Warlord Games Box set for Rorke's Drift. I have quite a few more Zulus to go, 12 more British and one building left to complete the set. I do have quite a few more British and Zulus to paint up at a later date. Right now I am trying to just finish this project up as is and then add the rest of the figures later as I try to expand the total forces. The 4ground buildings are excellent and go together very easily.

Here are the first batch of Zulus. The figure on horseback and the figure in the British jacket are from Empress miniatures and came with the set. However, they were not very well molded and required a lot of work. The metal Empress figures for the British were top notch and had no problems.





Here are all the terrain accessories:







 This is not part of the set but I included it as it adds to the overall look of the set. The well is from Architects of War.



This is the hospital, one of two buildings in the set. I did not glue the thatch roof down as I wanted to have removable in case I wanted to use the scenery with another display or game era. By removing the thatch the buildings look quite at home on the Russian Front.









And finally the first batch of the 24th Foot.




 This are the two Empress miniatures metal figures that come with the set. They are nice figures and much better than the Zulu figures from Empress that came with the set.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here: